Keeping your fountain beautiful may sound like a daunting task, but with a few quick maintenance tips, you’ll have it looking brand new for years to come. Fountains come in numerous styles and options, so be sure to consult one of our designers on maintenance when selecting your outdoor fountain. We will give you expert advice on how to properly clean your fountain, what cleaning products to use, and more.
How to Maintain A Water Fountain
Caring for your outdoor fountain properly is important. Rain, wind, snow, & debris can cause your fountain to wear out faster than intended or overgrown algae can cause discoloration. Luckily, here are a few quick tips that can help extend the life of your beautiful fountain.
- Clean your fountain pump regularly: This crucial step helps prevent debris and leaves from obstructing your pump. You should drain your fountain and clean your pump every three to four months by following manufacturer instructions.
- Keep the pump submerged: Depending on a number of factors, you will need to add water to your fountain every once in a while to maintain a proper water level for your pump. (Generally, you want to keep the pump completely submerged). This will change based on location, climate, and fountain size. If debris clogs your pump, you should carefully disassemble the guard around the impeller and make sure it spins freely.
- Prevent Build-up By Wiping The Fountain Bowl: Wiping your bowl is another essential step to prevent buildups. Be sure to empty your fountain before cleaning the bowl with a non-abrasive cloth. For older fountains, you can scrub them with a mildew cleaner and a non-abrasive brush. A mixture of vinegar and water can help prevent mineral deposits
- Remove Algae: If your fountain is exposed to direct sunlight, there’s a great chance it will eventually become overgrown with algae. To avoid this, make sure to clean your fountain with an approved algae remover. We recommend that you use our ICC Water Clarifier on a regular basis to keep your water clear and free of unwanted substances.
- Check Your Fountain Material: Different fountain materials may require special cleaning. Consult manufacturer cleaning instructions to make sure you know exactly what you need for the best results.
Water Fountains For Sale in San Diego, CA
Our 75,000sq/ft Outlet in Sorrento Valley San Diego, CA, offers a huge selection of water fountains. Backyard X-Scapes is one of the leading suppliers of backyard water fountains in the country. Unlike the big-box hardware stores, we offer personalized service and expert advice for everyone we work with. Our fountains are not available for online purchase and with inventory changing daily, please stop by or call us directly for specific sizes, colors and styles. We are open 7-Days per week!
Our fountains can match any decor or landscape design. Garden fountains are particularly popular among our San Diego customers, who enjoy the great year-long weather. When installing new home decor, don’t forget to check out the selection at our Backyard X-Scapes retail outlet to find the wall fountains and other features that will set your property’s exterior apart.
Learn More About Our Water Fountains for Sale in Sorrento Valley
Explore our great selection of decorative water fountains for yourself. Visit our San Diego-area retail outlet to view these breathtaking designs in person. Contact us online with any questions about our inventory or give us a call at 877-912-2244.