- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Use Bamboo Borders in Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Use Bamboo Poles in You Home and Garden
Three day weekends are glorious gifts bestowed upon us as good worker bees. We look forward to them, plan special events for them and usually exert more energy over those three days than most other three day periods. However, Tuesday arrives all too quickly for most of us and even though we have a short week ahead, we pay the price for our weekend indulgences. Here are some quick tips to ramp up your energy during the workday until you can repay the sleep bank the next weekend:
1. Get up and move around. When you feel your eyes drooping midday, take a walk. Go on a tour of the bathroom and water cooler; then take the long way back to your desk. Even standing up at your cubicle and doing a few calf raises or arm circles will get your blood flowing and leave you feeling energized.
2. See the sun. If you canâ€™t see the sun from your desk, make an effort to get outside at lunch or on breaks. Our bodies need Vitamin D from the sun for a reason and a lack of it can result in sluggishness and fatigue. If possible, work with the blinds or windows open and reap all the benefits of natural light and air.
3. Aromatherapy. Scents like basil, peppermint and lemon have been proven to improve concentration and energy levels. Burn a candle, rub some massage oil on your elbows and knees or simple take a whiff from a bottle of essential oil when you start feeling drowsy.
4. Drink Water. Dehydration causes the blood to thicken and makes the heart pump harder to circulate it throughout the body â€“ you exert more energy even when you are sitting still. Maintaining good hydration keeps the blood moving easily and allows you to exert more energy on the tasks at hand.
5. Douse Your Face in Cold Water. If it wonâ€™t ruin your makeup, a quick dunk in the sink will really wake up your senses for the short term. If it will ruin your makeup, a cold, damp paper towel dabbed on your face and neck works just as well.
There are many joys when it comes to the owning a water fountain. Water features have been used for centuries to adorn courtyards belonging to royalty or accent government establishments. Today, fountains and water accents provide a design and decorative essence in homes, gardens, corporate structures, landmarks and more. There is a certain calmness that flows with the sound of water and that serenity continues to emanate into the surrounding environment.
Whether your fountain is planned for indoor or outdoor use, with a few simple efforts, your fountain can run smoother, cleaner and provide any space with beauty and elegance for ages.
Once You Get Your Fountain
When shopping for a fountain, you want to have a good idea as to the space that this structure will occupy. This will help determine the size, water capacity, and preparation needed. Depending on whether your fountain will need to be mobile, you can then decide on a fiberglass or concrete one. Concrete or stone fountains are much more durable when it comes to handling the outdoor elements such as heat and snow.
Once you have your fountain selected and ready for installation, you want to ensure that the floor where the fountain is sitting on will not be damaged by humidity, condensation or water splashes.
When filling your fountain you want the water level to be no higher then a Â˝â€ť below the basin rim, and no less than halfway full in the basin. Maintaining proper water levels will ensure the correct flow and life of your water pump.
Before turning on your fountain, wet the surface that the water will flow upon. This will break the surface tension to reduce splashing and promote a consistent path flow.
To control splashing or water flow, adjust your water pump or ensure that your fountain is perfectly leveled.