- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 15 Ideas for an Amazing Backyard
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Add Artificial Rocks to Your Home
Your backyard should be your sanctuary from the world. To have an amazing backyard, it will probably take a little bit of work, but it will definitely be worth it. Weâ€™ve created this list of 15 ideas that can take your backyard from boring to amazing. Donâ€™t worry about doing everything. Just work with the space you have and take things one project at a time.
1. Water Features
Small streams, waterfalls, or ponds can add a natural, soothing element to your yard. If you have the money and space, a pool can be a fun addition as well.
If your backyard is sloped or awkwardly shaped, levels can make the best of the space you have. They can also make your space more interesting.
Big trees can add shade to your backyard, and smaller trees can add visual interest. Either way, make sure you have the time for the upkeep. Raking leaves in the fall and pruning limbs in the spring can both take quite a bit of time that will need to be planned for.
4. Fire Pits
Cool evenings can become much more cozy when you have a fire pit to gather around.
5. Stones and Paths
If you want to add interest to your backyard space, you can add large stones, paths, or stepping stones. Real rocks can be a great feature, but artificial rocks can be a good idea if your yard has unsightly elements that you want to keep hidden. Paths and stepping stones can keep your lawn from excess wear.
6. Decks & Patios
If you use your backyard for entertaining, a deck or patio can help keep your landscaping from being trampled.