- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- A New Year and a New Space
- Art Around Adams Showcases Local Artists and Businesses
- Artificial Rocks: A Realistic and Beautiful Solution
- Backyard X-Scapes and Harmonium Partner To Serve Our Children
Hopefully, you are finishing up your spring cleaning and getting your house, backyard, body, mind and spirit ready for summer. But letâ€™s not allow our forward-looking thinking attitudeÂ get ahead of our old New Yearâ€™s Resolution to live more â€śgreenâ€ť this year. Implement these three simple ways to save your health, electricity and gas.
1.) Save Your Health. If you wear your shoes in the house and allow your guests to, consider adopting a â€śno shoes insideâ€ť policy. Dirt and germs attached to bottom of your shoes gets tracked onto your clean, green carpet and floors. This means increased toxins in the air you breathe and on the ground on which you play. Plus, it means less time and effort spent vacuuming, mopping and sweeping.
2.) Save Electricity. Replace your old desktop computer with a compact little laptop. Laptops use less energy when they are plugged in and donâ€™t have to be plugged in constantly. Remember that even when a device is off, if it is plugged in, it is still consuming electricity.
3.) Save Gas. Do you have stuff in your trunk you havenâ€™t seen in over six months? Cleaning out your trunk and backseat will rid your car of unnecessary pounds, saving gas.
Use three simple tips to revamp your commitment to green living. Even if you have fallen out of the habit recently, even the smallest steps can get you back on track.