- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 15 Ideas for an Amazing Backyard
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Mother‚Äôs Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Add Artificial Rocks to Your Home
Welcome to our first DIY of the year! There are plenty of garden accessories that you can buy, but why not create your own? Gardening is a hands-on activity so create some neat items to accentuate your garden! Ladybugs are known to be a gardener’s best friend. Why not create a sanctuary for them to relax in your gardens? Today we will look at an extremely easy DIY: the bamboo ladybug feeder.
A Gardener’s Best Friend
Aphids are a common garden pest that are difficult to control even with pesticide. Stop spraying your gardens with chemicals and lower the aphid population with a natural and green solution! Ladybugs are known to devour dozens of aphids per day. Ladybugs seek out aphids in hard to reach places. Ladybugs also prey on other pests such as¬†mealybugs, scale, leaf hoppers and mites. They also¬†pollinate¬†your plants since ladybugs are always moving around flower to flower.
A Green Solution
With more ladybugs in your gardens, there is less of a need for pesticides. Get rid of pests the natural way! Bamboo is a wonderful sustainable material as well. It is a durable and strong material that will last long time. Attract and keep these¬†environmentally¬†friendly insects with the bamboo ladybug feeder. The raisins in the feeder will provide food for the ladybugs when aphid populations are low. This will also keep the ladybugs in your garden.
Bamboo Ladybug Feeder How-To
The ladybug bamboo feeding station is an extremely easy DIY. All you need is a piece of bamboo pole¬†and¬†some string.¬†Use a¬†bamboo pole¬†that is at least 1 inch in diameter. Ideally a 2 inch diameter bamboo pole is best.
- Bamboo Pole
- Garden string
- Raisin or other foods to attract ladybugs