- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- A New Year and a New Space
- Art Around Adams Showcases Local Artists and Businesses
- Artificial Rocks: A Realistic and Beautiful Solution
- Backyard X-Scapes and Harmonium Partner To Serve Our Children
One of the greatest things about this time of year, that can also be stressful is the back to back holidays.Â Right after Thanksgiving, in addition to tasty leftovers and an abundance of sales, comes the bittersweet task of planning for Christmas and New Years.Â Prepping your home for the holidays doesn’t have to be an expensive, time consuming or brain wrenching project.Â Here are some ideas on how to get the most out of your holiday decor and save money at the same time.
White twinkle lights are a perfect way to dress up your home or garden accents for the holidays and the best part is that they can be re-used all year round.Â Many gardens, restaurants and trendy neighborhoods use white lights to dress up trees and create a magical atmosphere.
To create your own backyard “candy cane lane”, line your thatch umbrella kit with lights to not only create a tropical holiday look but also light up a table setting or walkway.Â White lights, unlike the colored ones, are versatile to use all year long.
Instead of going the traditional route, merge classic iconic holiday items with a tropical twist.Â Add Holly or Poinsettias to Tiki Statues to accent an area, or make a wreath out of Bamboo and Thatch for your front door.
Don’t want to clean up after the holidays are over?Â The classic popcorn garland can bring the family together to make a yummy decorative treat.
If you don’t have a fireplace to hang stockings from and don’t want to put holes in the wall, line your wall with bamboo fencing and use hooks to hang decor and various items from it.Â This way you can re-use the bamboo for both indoor and outdoor purposes.