- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Use Bamboo Borders in Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Use Bamboo Poles in You Home and Garden
Shown in picture (30in x 57inÂ Palm Thatch Runner Rolls Layed)
Tropical decor generally paints imagery of summer days and warmer temperatures, but what many don’t know is that items such as thatch and bamboo structures can actually help to keep your home or an area warmer during the cooler months.
Thatch in its many varying forms and though light weight, can actually withstand heavy winds, which help in deflecting those winds from hitting your home directly.Â In addition to this, the layers of panels have natural insulation properties which can assist in keeping cold out and heat in.Â Just like in the summer, thatch can also help to keep you cool by providing shade from the sun’s rays.
In addition to thatch, another strong, versatile and eco friendly building material you can use is Bamboo.Â You can provide additional insulation by lining outside walls with Bamboo Fencing, while still providing your landscape with a tropical look.
Bamboo Rugs, can help keep your feet warm during the winter months and cool during the summer ones.Â Place them on indoor tile or marble or even the outside concrete.Â What makes them so functional is how low maintenance they are and how much value they provide for what you’re paying.
Winter doesn’t mean that you can’t keep the island flair alive.Â The great thing about our products is that they are functional and aesthetically fitting all year round.