- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 15 Ideas for an Amazing Backyard
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Add Artificial Rocks to Your Home
With Memorial Day just around the corner, itâ€™s time for all of us working folks to start planning just how weâ€™re going to spend our three day weekend. While typical activities include going to the beach or barbequing in the park with family and friends, here is a list of some activities you may have overlooked or forgotten about.
Canoeing â€“ If your local geography and weather permit, canoeing is a great way to spend a day outdoors. Paddling down a river on a sunny afternoon can be almost anything you want it to be: relaxing, adventurous, even competitive. This is the perfect day trip for either a family, a group of friends or even to do solo. Most canoe rental facilities offer day rates and group discounts and usually round out to about $20 a person. Just be sure to bring extra dry clothes, a bathing suit and towel, sneakers or river shoes and your camera. Oh yeah, donâ€™t forget the map!!
Museums â€“ Your city or town is sure to be home to a museum you havenâ€™t been to yet and as most museums are open just about every day of the year, this three day weekend is your perfect opportunity. Admission prices can range from about $5 -$20 but some amazing museums (like the Smithsonian) are free and open to the public. Additionally, many museums have discounts or free admission for members of the armed forces. A museum can provide an entire day of fun and entertainment for just about anyone and who knows, you might even learn something.