- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- A New Year and a New Space
- Art Around Adams Showcases Local Artists and Businesses
- Artificial Rocks: A Realistic and Beautiful Solution
- Backyard X-Scapes and Harmonium Partner To Serve Our Children
Happy Halloween Backyard X-Scapes readers! Today is the day when ghosts, goblins and ghouls break out of their usual haunts and roam the streets in search of a candy and an opportunity to cause a fright. So whether your dressing up as a frighteningly fantastic Furby, blending in with the pumpkins on your front porch waiting to scare trick or treaters or generously doling out candy to the princesses and pirates heading your way, we hope you have a one-of-a-kind and special holiday.
As usual, we remind you to be safe in your celebrations. Make sure your younger trick-or-treaters are supervised and stay in well lit areas. Always inspect your childâ€™s candy for signs of tampering before they are allowed to eat it. This year, authorities are urging parents more strongly than ever to thoroughly inspect candy because of a new concern that some candies may be laced with marijuana. Though there have been no reported incidents of marijuana laced candy being â€śaccidentallyâ€ť distributed to children, police have seized many seemingly normal food products like candy, cookies and soda that contain the drug.
So take your kids trick-or-treating, go to that costume party and distribute candy on your porch, just remember that a great Halloween is a happy and healthy one.