- Pottery for Your Decorating Needs and How to Choose the Right Type
- 5 “Green” Gift Ideas
- 5 Activities to Do with Dad This Father’s Day
- 5 Gift Ideas for Motherâ€™s Day
- 5 Reasons to Go Green With Bamboo
- 5 Reasons to Use Fake Boulders to Enhance Your Yard
- 5 Things To Do On Memorial Day
- 5 Ways a Bamboo Fence Improves Your Yard
- 5 Ways to Add Artificial Rocks to Your Home
- 5 Ways to Use Bamboo Borders in Your Yard
Artificial Rocks are Great for any Gardens
Artificial rocks are the perfect addition to any home or business. Gardeners and homeowners that need a cover to hide unsightly garden eyesores turn to artificial rocks. This is a great method in creating a seamless landscape that looks very natural as well. Artificial rocks are very easy to install. They are lightweight and durable so this is a great DIY project. It comes in a vast selection of colors and sizes that can cover many flaws in your garden.
Cover Pool or Pond Equipment
Hide water pumps or any electrical posts and outlets, or other pool equipment that you try to hide in your garden. These beautiful rocks will blend into your landscape easily with its gorgeous hues. The fake rocks come in four different colors that mimic real rocks: Autumn Bluff, Fieldstone, Riverbed and Sandstone. The versatile look of these rocks will fit any pool design scheme. Hide unsightly pond filters with this fake rock for an attractive garden.
Some artificial rocks come with an address plaque attached to its face. This can especially be nifty when there is something to cover in front of the house such as an electrical post or outlet. This is also good for homes where the address number isn’t as visible on the streets.
Say No to Flat Septic LidsÂ or Tall Pressure Tanks
Hide those noticeable and ugly septic risers with a wider rock style. Add height and texture to areas that are flat. This difference in height adds interest and beauty to the garden. Conversely, tall pressure tanks stick out like a sore thumb that can be seen very easily. These can also be concealedÂ from view with artificial rocks.
Updating your yard with artificial rocks is a great way to give your home more curb appeal and push up your overall property value. Fake rocks are not only attractive and easy to work with, but they are also good for both the environment and your wallet. Available in a wide variety of finishes, sizes, prices and colors, artificial stones can work for any space and style. Whether you need to fill a big outdoor area or elevate a small yard, follow the easy tips below to learn how to incorporate fake rock into your homeâ€™s landscape design.
1. Create a design plan. Fake rocks can be used for practically any landscaping project. Stone walls, playgrounds, foundations for water features, greenery accents and utility covers can all be designed with artificial rocks. Have your projected outlined before you start shopping. Because fake rocks come in many different forms, knowing how you plan to use them can help you narrow down your choices to the perfect artificial stones for your home. If you are still not sure what direction you want to go in with your project, get inspired with pictures of finished projects on the Internet. Draw your ideas out on paper to figure out how many rocks you might have to buy and to get a better understanding of the shapes you need to look for.
If you are landscaping your property, there are several important decisions to make. You may want to consider using fake boulders in place of natural rocks, for example, if you want a truly customized landscape design. Fake rocks can be integrated into any type of design just as easily as real rock, but have some advantages that are hard to beat.
From shipping to you to placement on your property, fake boulders are lighter and easier to move than real rock. Faux boulders are made from lightweight materials that are easy to place once the fake boulder arrives at your home, allowing you to spend more time focusing on your lawns and gardens and less time trying to place your boulders in the perfect spot.
With a fake boulder, you have the option of choosing the exact shape and size that is right for your design. Whether you need a large, hollow boulder to hide an outdoor HVAC unit that is interfering with your landscaping or you want to add texture to a sloped hillside, there are options available that will fit into your design perfectly. You can choose from small rocks for garden beds to large boulders that look like an authentic rock.
A fake boulder is an affordable option, especially when compared to the cost of moving and installing real boulders. You can find rocks in a wide range of prices, depending on the size and style that you need to complete your project.
From fake boulders that are designed to cover utility features, such as septic pipes, to fake rocks that are designed to form a flat pathway, there are dozens of shapes and sizes to choose from. Polyethylene, fiberglass and resin rocks are available. All of these options are available in insulated, which is ideal for covering water pipes, or uninsulated varieties to help you create a space that is both functional and beautiful.
While everyone enjoys a well-manicured lawn or garden, some landscapes contain features that are difficult to disguise or remove. Beautifying elements such as artificial rocks provide a way to both hide unsightly imperfections and enhance the natural appeal of your outdoor surroundings. With a large selection of shapes, sizes, and colors to choose from, Backyard X-Scapes has the artificial rocks that will be perfect for your outdoor project. Below are a few tips to help you know how and where to best use your artificial rock purchase.
1. Pipes and Utility Access - Cover unattractive gas pipes or utility access ports with an artificial rock. Simply measure the length and width of your pipes or utility access then select a rock in the color and size that best fits with your outdoor space. Not only will this remove the itemsâ€™ visibility, it will also provide an element of safety since the pipes or utility access can no longer create a falling hazard. Regardless of where these unsightly necessities may be placed in your lawn or garden, a natural-looking artificial rock is the perfect way to make them disappear!
2. Pool Filters and Equipment - While a pool or spa may enhance the look, feel, and enjoyment of your outdoor space, the bulky and unappealing filters and equipment that come with them will not. Our selection of artificial rocks will not only cover unsightly pool gear but will also help keep them covered and out of inclement weather or intense sunshine while still providing easy access. With colors and styles that will enhance any environment, these attractive landscaping elements will disguise obtrusive pool equipment and return your outdoor living area to a state of peace and tranquility!
Artificial Rocks have been gaining popularity throughout the years for its functionality and beauty. Rocks have always been part of garden decorating for creating paved pathways, borders, a main focus piece, and various other uses as well. Unlike traditional rock, artificial rocks are much lighter so it is easier to change the location of the rocks whenever you choose. Also someÂ artificialÂ rocks are hollow which allow for it to hide water-pumps, septic clean-outs,Â back-flowÂ assemblies and otherÂ unsightly garden eye-sores.
Realistic and BeautifulÂ
New technology makes artificial rocks very realistic looking while making it light-weight. The rocks are also durable and harsh climate elements such as the sun or rain will not cause it to break or crack. It comes in all shapes and forms toÂ accommodateÂ your garden shape or designs in mind. A lot of the rocks mimic the colors of real rocks. The rocks are made from a blend of different colors just like real rocks. There are many different color schemes to choose from such as autumn bluff- a reddish light brown color, fieldstone- light heather grey color, riverbed- hues of soft purple, blue and grey, and sandstone- sandy beige shades. Any of these four shades will fit beautifully into your garden decor style!
Functional Artificial Rocks
Artificial rocks come in various shapes and sizes to cover any garden eye-sores. They’re small enough to hide small pumps and large enough to hide pressure tanks up to 60″ tall! Use artificial rocks to seamlessly hide objects that do not match with your garden design. Shapes can range from rocks that are low and wide, tall and narrow, rectangular, triangular, or a cube shape. They are naturally shaped yet able to cover objects with ease. Rocks sizes range from small to extremely large. Some artificial rocks also come with an optional address plaque.